Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When computer starts up, after I close out Kodak Software Updater, FMNOT.exe error comes up.Says FMNOT caysed General Protection Fault in module FMNOT.exe at 0005:2777. choose close and FMNOT will close. How do I remove this????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still haven't figured out how to do that one yet. I started this morning by removing the dreaded OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6, now trying to eliminate the other two BUGS????

·
Registered
619 Posts
Click on Start > Run > type msconfig in the "Open" field and click OK. Click the "Startup" tab and look for Kodak. When/if found, untag the box and click Apply. Exit and reboot. At reboot, when you get the modified startup message, tag the box that says "Don't show this message again."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally!! Thanks SurferDude2, that took care of my Kodak problem but still have FMNOT error. As you can see system takes a long time to run after rebooting...

·
Registered
619 Posts
The fmnot.exe error is likely associated with some greeting card software that is trying to start. Look for any evidence of that in msconfig.

It could even be that some greeting software was improperly installed and would have to be reinstalled to get rid of this error.

Do be careful how you troubleshoot. If you don't have the original install disks and registration information for this "freebie" you don't want to render it unbootable and have no way of fixing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Understood!! Thank You SO MUCH for your help, You_Are_The_Man!!!! I will search for that now. System is already running faster after the last REboot... Thanks Again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.