Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a no name flash drive 8 gb it is formatted as a fat 32. Im trying to use it in a digital picture frame but when i put it in the usb port it dosent do anything. Does it need to be in fat format and if so is there any way i can fix it please help, thank you.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
The digital frame should have come with a user manual. I recommend you look there. If you cannot find your manual, you may be able to download one from the manufacturer's web site.

My guess is that FAT32 would be the correct format as NTFS is a proprietary format and FAT16 has a 2-Gig limit.

Than again, the frame may have a limit on size that is below your 8-Gig flash drive. You won't know until you check the manual.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
What type of FLASH drive are we talking about? It's possible that the picture frame doesn't accept 8gig memory capacity units. With no make/model for anything, that's just a guess...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.