Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get these error messages when I try to launch Firefox. I'm running Vista Home Premium on a new Toshiba laptop.

JP

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the browser. If you have been using it a while you can go get your bookmarks by saving a file named bookmarks.html to you desktop or another location first before removing the browser.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done that, too. The results are the same even with 3.5.2 version.

JP

·
Registered
116 Posts
After the uninstall you could try running CCleaner or another registry cleaner or even do a search for mozilla within regedit to ensure all references to the old installation is gone then try to install again. Don't know if it will help but worth a try.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I wouldn't know where to look in the Registry.

JP

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Revo looks like a very handy piece of software if it does what it says. Thanks for the tip.

Actually, the PC involved belongs to a friend and I began this topic as I sat in front of it, yesterday. I uninstalled, reinstalled, ran CCleaner, rebooted and even used System Restore, all to no avail. I now think there's some kind of internal conflict between FF and another program. I'll be removing other programs to see if it helps.

JP

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Revo Uninstaller did the job, Tymon, thanks for the tip. Once I removed every trace of FF, I was able to reinstall it successfully. That's a nifty piece of Freeware and I'll add it to my bag of tricks.

Thanks everyone for the support.

JP

·
Registered
100 Posts
Revo Uninstaller did the job, Tymon, thanks for the tip. Once I removed every trace of FF, I was able to reinstall it successfully. That's a nifty piece of Freeware and I'll add it to my bag of tricks.

Thanks everyone for the support.

JP
Glad everything is working :).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.