Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MSI Wind netbook with Windows XP which is easy to conect to any wifi source in order to surf. However, while I recently was on holiday in Europe, the netbook showed that I was connected to a wifi source, but I couldn't access the web with it. The connection was sufficient to access Skype by not to surf. That happened no matter what source I logged on to. Now that I am home, I have the same problem. (but it worked perfectly before I left). The netbook connects no problem with wifi but I cannot surf, even though the connection is excellent. I fear I may have inadvertently messed up some of the software, though I can't think what I could have done to create this problem. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I am unable to copy and paste the results. I have followed your instructions but cannot get the script to copy, which means I cannot then paste it. Any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
... but cannot get the script to copy ...
What script? We want to see the output from the ipconfig /all. Execute that command and then "Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter." 99 times out of 100 that will copy the entire Command prompt window contents to the clipboard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help. By chance, I dsicovered that I had accidentally changed the settings in my firewall to block out erverything. Once I clcked on the "allow" etc button, the interet was immediately accessible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.