Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm experiencing a wierd issue with my system right now. Whenever I start an application, a window pops up, explorer.exe error, and it says
"Instruction at "0x734305be" references memory at "0x734305be". The memory could not be "read".
Click Ok to terminate
Click cancel to debug

The debug doesn't run properly and the error report screen comes up. Also, after this happened, when I booted up, the computer booted with the BIOS setup screen, and said the CPU speed did not match? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys!

System is a 2.4GHz P4 on an Asus MB, 512M ram etc, running Win. XP Pro with SP2. System is not overclocked.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Found this on another forum:

Well I have found two possible causes.
The first is this file that seems to remain after the user uninstall Spyware Guard. guard.dll
I would suggest that you search the system for the DLL above and if found rename the file and then delete it.

The second, Solution to explorer.exe - Application Error

The instructions at "0x734305be" referenced memory at " 0x734305be".
The memory could not be read
Undo and remove all additional language settings through the Control Panel.
If you must use more languages, take as less as possible.
I would try the second one, first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I actually did a system restore and everything seems to be fine now. It sounds like it could definately have been a settings problem that got reversed with the restore.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Good to hear it's resolved :up:

You can go to the top of this thread and access the "Thread Tools" pull-down menu (underneath the Make a Donation link) and select "Mark this thread as solved."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.