Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may not be possible, but does anyone know if there is a way to have subscripts within a label or textbox on a userform in Excel?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slurpee, how have you been?

When I say subscripts, I mean to place a character below the other characters.

So, if you had H2O in a cell within Excel, you could do the following to get the 2 as a subscript:

1. Highlight the 2 within the cell. Right-click -> Format Cells. Check subscript -> Click OK

Now, the 2 will appear lower than the H & O.

Does this explanation help you understand what it is I am trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Well, aside from linking the text (and not in a text box at all) to, say, a Word document or another cell that is formatted in that manner - and not always, for some reason - and it still remains just formatting....nope, I can't get it to.
Maybe if you had a list of the specific items (let's assume there aren't many) you could work some VBA magic to convert each case of those to the formatting you desire....
You might want to look at this:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5824

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
You are very welcome Elie - that's what we do here!
Some, like computerman or Zack or many others, well, they have scripting skills. We others compensate in other ways.... :)

Oh, and excellent to see you cman. I have been offline a lot, haven't been able to help out much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.