Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

One of my colleague's has a problem with his Excel. The analysis toolpak won't do it's job. When I go to Tools > Add-Ins I see that Analysis Toolpak and the Analysis Toolpak - VBA are both installed. However when I use a function from this toolpak it give a #NAME error. According to the helpfile this suggests that he toolpak is not installed at all...

I clicked the Browse button in the Add-Ins menu, and it directs me to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsft\AddIns. However, this folder is completely empty. I also checked C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\ADDINS. There are 3 .dll files in there, should I pick one of those to activate the toolpak? If so, which one? I have not tried this yet because Excel doesn't recognize these files as add-ins...

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah I solved this problem already. So for those who are interested:

In the Add-In menu in Excel, click the Browse button. Browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library\Analysis\FUNCRES.XLA. When I opened it Excel told me this file already existed and whether I wanted to replace it. I said Yes and from then on everything worked fine again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.