Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

One of my colleague's has a problem with his Excel. The analysis toolpak won't do it's job. When I go to Tools > Add-Ins I see that Analysis Toolpak and the Analysis Toolpak - VBA are both installed. However when I use a function from this toolpak it give a #NAME error. According to the helpfile this suggests that he toolpak is not installed at all...

I clicked the Browse button in the Add-Ins menu, and it directs me to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsft\AddIns. However, this folder is completely empty. I also checked C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\ADDINS. There are 3 .dll files in there, should I pick one of those to activate the toolpak? If so, which one? I have not tried this yet because Excel doesn't recognize these files as add-ins...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah I solved this problem already. So for those who are interested:

In the Add-In menu in Excel, click the Browse button. Browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library\Analysis\FUNCRES.XLA. When I opened it Excel told me this file already existed and whether I wanted to replace it. I said Yes and from then on everything worked fine again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.