Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..
I have a Samsung 52x Cd rom drive running Window's ME..
The cd rom drive works fine.. ie I can read data cd's and play analogous audio from the cd ..

However playing an audio cd digitally is posing problems.. for example when I try to rip a cd using audiocatalyst I get the error that the "Scsi1hlp.vxd file is not the correct version (4.90.3000)" and the error message "ASPI failed" in Winamp's cd reader plugin. Even windows media player gives an unspecified error when trying to rip a cd..

I tried removing and reinstalling the cd rom drive.. the scsi1hlp.vxd file has the version 4.90.3000 which is the same as my windows version.

Please let me know if you'll can figure out whats wrong..

Thanks,
Apurva Mehta
http://apurvaslair.50g.com/

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Did you install the software for the SCSI card?

There is a configuration utility that comes with it, and you should be able to open it and select the adapter.

Look in the control panel for something like EZ-SCSI or similar.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi..
I sorted out the problem regarding the aspi.. I downloaded the updated drivers from adaptec.com and now my cd rom drive is recognized as a host adapter..

I do not have any scsi devices on my system.. everything has an IDE interface..

There is still a problem with my scsi1hlp.vxd file. Both Audiocatalyst and Windows media player refuse to rip cd's citing an error in the file...

Any ideas on that?
Thanks,
Apurva

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.