Close all open windows and run Hijack This. Click 'Do a system scan and save a logfile.' Copy the entire log in notepad and paste it here. Do not fix anything yet because most items are normal or needed. Hopefully someone here will analyze the log.
Glad you got the Hijack This Log posted...someone will take a look at it.
You should make a folder for the program - not run it from your temporary internet files. That was probably why the log got lost. I would suggest just putting it on the root of your C:\ drive. If you name the folder: HIJACK, like this:
What exactly happened when you tried to install address book from Windows Setup? Post any error message that came up.
1. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
2. In the Named box, type:
3. Set the Look In box to include your local drives and click Find Now.
NOTE: If you find more than one .wab file, make the following changes for all files.
4. Click the .wab file that you find. On the File menu, click Properties.
5. In the Properties dialog box, under Attributes, clear the Read-only check box.
6. Click Apply, and then click OK.
7. Open Outlook Express and test a new e-mail message or try to access the Address Book.
A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!