Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across a problem today that is really causing me some issues. I was tasked with finding a file on a job we did at least 4 years ago. It is most likely on a specific server (as that server is the one that the Controls Division's files are saved on) however, there is an archive server as well as a server for our Mechanical Division which the file (or a copy of the file) could be on. Due to the age of the file no one knows exactly what it was called, but there are a few key words I can search for. When trying to narrow down the search I can't narrow by date because I know it would have been "created" at least 4 years ago, but have no idea when it would have been modified last. Even if I did, it was most likely modified over a year ago. Even the "Advanced Search" doesn't seem to bring up any helpful options to help find the file.

Does any one know of a better way to search for something this hazy other than several searches on each server?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.