Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to copy some old classic disney movies of a friends from VHS to DVD. The ones that are over 2 hrs long....can they be transferred? The 4.7 says 2 hrs. Are there any that will hold any more than that. She gave me 14 to copy, and of those, 5 are over 2hrs. One is 2hrs 6 min and another 8 min over. Will those copy ok? I have a VHS to DVD copier.
Thanks for any insight into this.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
obviously if it's over 120 min, it won't copy 2 a standard 4.7 dvd. u could try a dvd9, but they're expensive & would be a waste 4 just a few minutes. i transferred some of my vhs 2 dvd, but they were all under 120 min & there were a few that wouldn't copy because of macrovision protection. good luck :D

·
Super Moderator
74,137 Posts
You may also want to see if the DVD recorder portion supports alternate recording modes that extends the recording time at the cost of reduced video quality. We have a stand alone DVD Recorder that allows selecting between 2 and 4 hours per disc.

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
rubeckf said:
I'm trying to copy some old classic disney movies of a friends from VHS to DVD. The ones that are over 2 hrs long....can they be transferred? The 4.7 says 2 hrs. Are there any that will hold any more than that. She gave me 14 to copy, and of those, 5 are over 2hrs. One is 2hrs 6 min and another 8 min over. Will those copy ok? I have a VHS to DVD copier.
Thanks for any insight into this.
The time makes no difference. Depending on the quality you want you can easily get over 3 hours on 4.7GB disc if you so desire. Your DVD recorder should have settings just like a VCR or something similiar. My Pioneer sets recording time in 10 minute intervals.

Read the manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.