Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get my visited websites to remain. Twice in the last week, I've lost the recent websites I've visited.
I have IE6 and when I click on the drop down for the address bar, the box is empty.
People usually want to delete this, but I want to be able to keep it.
No viruses or spyware.

Do I have a setting jazzed?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hi PJ
Make sure your "Days to keep pages in History" is not set to 0 in Internet Options/General.
Default is usually 20
Are you sure no one is going on your machine and wiping where they have been?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. I was just on the computer last night and had three things in the drop down. No one was on between then and now, yet there is a blank box.

I had checked and did again, it's set to 20 days.

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
It sounds like you have something running in the background that's clearing out your history on a regular basis if you're positive no one else has touched the computer. Do you have internet security software installed? Are you running one of the many "cleaning" programs posted in these forums that will delete unnecessary files to clear up disk space or supposedly protect your privacy?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Just a small point, do you visit a lot of sites on a regular basis using Favourites rather than the drop down box?
If so it won't "Log it" in the web addy box so to speak.
To me you would have to literally type the web address in for it to remain but the other replies are good too.
Just a point.
Wolfey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.