Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to connect my Nook to my wireless network. When I originally set the network up, I wrote down EVERYTHING: router password, network name, network security key, security type, IP address, network name & network passphrase.

The original set up was with a now unused laptop; I have since successfully connected a desktop wirelessly to the network but the Nook keeps telling me I'm entering the wrong wireless password.

I can access the router page through the IP address using the info I said I have above and have not been able to figure out the password. From what I can tell, there's no way to recover my encrypted password and I need to do a factory reset to my router and set it up from scratch again. (If I'm wrong on that, PLEASE someone let me know!)

I guess my question is ultimately this: if I have to do a master reset to my router, do I have to use a cable to connect it to my PC when I'm setting it back up? The computer is on a different floor than the router and I don't think there's a cable long enough (that I can afford!) to connect them.

Sorry, it's Windows Vista 64 bit and a Linksys wireless router WRT54G2.

Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Super Moderator
65,962 Posts
if you loginto the router
and goto the wireless section
then to the security part of the wireless section
can you see the password / key there ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see the "WPA shared key"; tried that before I posted & it doesn't work. The Nook recognizes the network & I don't have the MAC filter turned on.

I figure I probably have to reset but don't want to do that until I know if I have to be physically connected to the router in order to set it up again...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you loginto the router
and goto the wireless section
then to the security part of the wireless section
can you see the password / key there ?
Apparently I was typing it incorrectly (although I verified it several times).
I finally just changed the password & I'm good to go.
Thank you for your help!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.