Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm just building a new computer and have ordered a graphics card with 2 DVI outputs and no VGA as well as having no VGA output on the motherboard..

My question is when I first boot this thing up, will the motherboard imedietly recognise the Graphics Hardware and the display output?

In otherwords will I be able to see stuff of the screen such as the bios starting and etc with no VGA ports and only DVI? (XFX Radeon HD 5770)

Hope you know what I'm getting at..

Thanks

Doctorzeus

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Sure you will. VGA (Video Graphics Array) output is actually the result of conversion of the DVI (Digital Visual Interface) video signal created by the video card. Using DVI does nothing more than eliminate the DVI/VGA conversion process.

Raybro

·
Registered
20,202 Posts
No, and depends on your monitor ports. If you have both DVI and VGA connections on monitor you're good to go. If no DVI, just VGA, you will get (normally) a DVI/VGA dongel with your video card to adapt DVI to VGA if need be and that works perfectly. My 5770 has 2-DVI, 1-HDMI and 1-Display Port and I'm using the HDMI to an HDMI monitor (monitor has DVI - VGA - HDMI ports).

Happy Holidays!:up:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.