Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there was a serial number on the box, and if so where do I find it?
I recently bought Compartments, which lets you take an inventory of everything you own and list their prices, model numbers, and serial numbers. I was wondering if DVDs and Blu-rays have serial numbers, or just model numbers?

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hi namenotfound,

Look on the back of the DVD and Blu-ray players and there will will find (on a mfgr plate) both a model and serial number.

-- Tom

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi namenotfound,

Look on the back of the DVD and Blu-ray players and there will will find (on a mfgr plate) both a model and serial number.

-- Tom
Thanks, but I meant the actual movies themselves. I want to catalog my hundreds of DVDs and Blu-rays in case of fire or robbery. (considering that a lot of them are in limited edition collectors packaging, I'd want to know if they have a serial number)

I already listed my players, tvs, computers, and other valuables.

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hi namenotfound,

It may be that they do have embedded serial numbers in the headers of the DVD tracks, but for that information you will need to do some research to find out what they are, or if they even exist.

-- Tom

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi namenotfound,

It may be that they do have embedded serial numbers in the headers of the DVD tracks, but for that information you will need to do some research to find out what they are, or if they even exist.

-- Tom
Alright, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.