Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey
i have just built a new machine . i have installed XP
the problem is when i restart the machine at the motherboard specs it stops and says
A: disk error
Press F1 to continue
when i do press F1 , it boots up just fine. this is only happening when i restart the mahcine .
any ideas ?
cheers T

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
A: is the floppy drive.

If you have one fitted, check that it is correctly set in the BIOS to match the type of drive you have (e.g. 3.5" FDD).

Check that the cable is correctly unserted and the rught way around where it connects to the drive

Check that you have no disk in the drive.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi .
well the floppy was connected ..
then i powered up the machine without a monitor to see if the fans and DVD drive was working . it wasnt , but thne i fixed that so the dvd drive was working then i unplugged the floppy since i dont use 1 anyway .. then when i finally powered up the machine connected to a monitor i received that error i posted above .
i thought it was the floppy but wasnt sure .. anyway . maybe when i powered up the first time some how it has been registered in the BIOS as connected .i dont know , but ill connect it again tomorrow . right now its 23:30 and work is early in the moring . Thanks alot for your reply and ill post back tomorrow on my findings .
Cheers m8
T

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
The problem is almost certain to be that the floppy was detected and assumed to be in service, now you have disconnected it and so it keeps telling you.

Disable it in BIOS or reconnect it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.