Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandsons mistakenly downloaded a program called personal antivirus. It hijacked the Dell Dimension 3000 they were using. I tried everything to stop its perfomance but it took control! The system runs an older version of xp home /sp2. I used the original install disc to reinstall the OS, then installed wireless software(belkin) to access home network router and downloaded McCafee virus scan. Turned on auto updates and let it update. Then shut it down, it seemed to be working fine, in fact it was much quicker than normal. When I tried to boot it up, up came the dell flash screen(2-3 secs)gray- blue screen 4-5 secs and Windows xp screen then gray-blue screen and hangs. Tried to enter thru F8 and tried booting in all modes. Safe mode returned blue screen of death with the following error message:STOP:c00021a {fatal system error}
The session manager initiation system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x000000000). The system has shut down. I would like to reformat this entire OS and reinstall it completely clean if possible, could you give me a way? Thanks for any suggestions in advance, PTC:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.