Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,468 Posts
Anti-virus software is probably the most common one running in the background that needs to be turned off. For example, with Norton, you would disable auto protect.

If you are not sure of them all, or can't stop them all from running, then just use safe mode. You shouldn't need to Defrag that often to really see an benefit that this should be a huge issue.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If you are trying to use the built in Defragger all sorts of things will trip you up. Turning off the World, including screen saver, Safe Mode and attempting to isolate the PC. MS never does get it right, never works good for 99% of the people who tried it.

Diskeeper Lite and the World runs right. If Diskeeper is having a problem, sure sign something else is amiss inside your box.

·
Registered
184 Posts
btw when you discuss things like this for too long it's called spam. I believe you can start a thread about this program you have raved about if it is as good as you say. Try this on other software and don't forget the link god luck !

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
runnyooze said:
btw when you discuss things like this for too long it's called spam.
Wow!!! Can I be a spammer for Diskeeper Lite. Joy, but I must get paid. I am off to the four winds to spread the Good News . The Great Defragger has arisen, load now and be a fisher of bytes. :D

Jees, can't a fellow actually just tell the truth any more and make converts the olde fashion way by preaching the gospel without being impugned. Yeah, I have been impugned for spreading the good news. Thanks God it is not yet Easter Time. :D

Impugnation for simply telling it like it is!!!! Lord have Mercy for preaching to the unwashed. :p And he has to "usually i have to disable my anti virus and put internet lock on while defrag". Damn that is a bit unwashed. :rolleyes:

O'Well, some like it tough and brutal. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.