Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked to ERASE / REMOVE some vitally important data from the works hard drives. what would be the best program for me to buy, so that all of the data has been removed permanently.

Lockeyp

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phantom010. After downloading it on to a cd to transport it to the computers that need to be deleted how do i get it to start, would it be as simple as a double click to start the program. PLEASE Advise, as this would be the first time of doing this.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try DBAN tomorrow and will report back with the results.

Many Thanks for the advise so far.

Lockeyp

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phantom010. By using Dban would it be possible to reuse the hdd's again or does it render it unusable. please advise

Thanks

Lockeyp

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went in yesterday and told the boss that I have found a program that will let me remove all the data. He said that he needed written confirmation that it has been removed and deleted so I made a suggestion to the fact that I could use it as practice then if he wants tohe could still outsource the job and pay for it, to a firm like PC World?

If anyone else knows of any more firms that would do this please let me know so that I can inform him .

Many Thanks

Lockeyp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.