Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have microsoft xp on my dell computer. I want to copying my pics to a cd but it is telling me that the cd is not big enough. How do I just isolate just some of them, like my folders. I have some of them on cds but not all. We have hurricanes here and need to save my pics.
The message I get is that I have files ready to be written on cd but I can't isolate them to get them on the cd I have.
thanks to anyone that can help.

·
Banned
16,915 Posts
here is the best way for you to do this.
make a new folder,,,name it something like,,,going to cd..put it on the desktop so its easy to find.
next copy and paste pics to that folder...to see the size of the folder right click and select properties...this will let you know if it is larger than your cd space you have left

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.k. I did that. Now how do I copy them to the cd? I double clicked on the folder and it brought it up. How do I copy all of the folders in the new folders?
Thanks for all your help. I really am computer illiterate.
Nene22

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hello nene22,
As I understand it, you are trying to back up your photos to CD? When you start your software to back up your photos (I use Nero), you have an option to <browse> to get to the correct location where your photo's are stored. Click on browse and double click that folder. Highlight the files and insert them to your software. The software will show a guage with so many MB or KB so you can see if you have too much data for the disc. Could you perhaps not use a DVD instead of a CD?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone that replied to my message. I finally got it. Feels good to be able to do something on the computer. Now I don't have to worry about losing all my pics if a hurricane comes and destroys my house.
Thanks again to all,
Nene22

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi nene22

Please close this thread if your question has been answered by clicking the above thread SOLVED.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.