Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Cookies

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  throoper 
#1 ·
I have at ton of cookies on my pc, and can't tell what most of them are. Is it OK to just delete all of them and start from scratch? ; or just let them stay.

#2 ·
You can delete them.

Remember though, some usernames and passwords won't be remembered on some websites, like this forum, if you have set them to be remembered. That's not a big deal though. When typing them in again, they will be remembered the next time you go to the same website.

#10 ·
I am using Firefox.
I would like to eliminate the cookies one at a time, but do not know what the shortened
names of many of them mean. That is why I wondered if I just asked Firefox to eliminate all of them if thar would be detrimental. Is leaving all of them on my PC slowing it down?

#11 ·
It won't hurt a thing to delete them all. If you use Password Manager to remember your login info, the worst that would happen is if you go to a site that you've set preferences for and don't need to log in, the prefs won't be saved. The site won't remember you.
If it's a site you log in to, everything should still be there even without the cookie.

Cookies are really very low level spy-ware. They enable sites to keep track of where you go and what you do. Most people will routinely clear them.

T. :)

Edit: I forgot. FIREFOX!!!! Good for you. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.