Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few weeks now, when I boot up I get the Configuration Recovery menu calling on me to select one of two profiles. I do that, selecting the first one which I guess you would call my default.

But what do I do to boot up into Windows and bypass that Configuration Recovery menu?

Thanks,grandpaw

Windows XP Home

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, bbearren, for your response. Sorry for the delay in implementing your advice. My monitor was showing that stage five was being complete. I looked away a few minutes and when I looked back the chk/dsk program was gone and there was no summary. When I boot up, I still get the system recovery window asking me which profile I want to use.

I've got two profiles. Do I need more than one? Should I do whatever is necessary to get rid of one?

That's quite a website you have. I intend to study it some more to see if there are other useful things I can do.

Thanks again, grandpaw

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
When I boot up, I still get the system recovery window asking me which profile I want to use.
Are you able to boot completely into Windows?

And about my site, if you have questions or comments, feel free to click the Contact Me button.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
When you get booted completely into Windows, right-click the My Computer icon and select Properties. Click on the Hardware tab, then click on the Hardware Profiles button near the bottom right.

Tell me what you see listed.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Profile 1 is the default hardware profile.

There is an option on that page to allow you to "Select the first profile listed if I don't select a profile in" and there's an adjustable countdown timer below that line.

Select the radio button beside "Select the first profile..."

To the right of the list of Profiles are Up and Down buttons.

If Profile 1 is at the top of the list, fine. If not, select it with your mouse and then click the Up button to put it on top.

Then set the countdown timer to 1 second, click OK and OK.

Reboot, and see if the menu just flashes by and then the machine continues to boot into Windows.

Let me know how it turns out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.