Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just bought a computer for cheap, and I'm having a bit of a problem. I was told that the hard drive was bad, but I don't think that is the issue. It's an emachines T2825, with an AMD Athlon XP 2800+. What it does, when I plug it in, the power supply and fans automatically come on. The hard drive light stays lit constantly, but I dont hear it. The CD burner light stays on constantly, but the drives wont open at all. It seems that the computer isn't on, just the power supply and fan. I try to use the power switch to turn it off, but nothing happens. It just stays on. I was told that the mobo could be bad, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what it could possibly be. Also, when the monitor is plugged it, there is no signal. Nothing on the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
550 Posts
sounds like indeed the mobo could be bad, have you checked to see that everything is plugged in the right place and properly seated?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck. It's still doing the same thing. I was told by someone that even though stuff came on, it could still be the power supply. So, I took the power supply out of this computer I am using now, which has the same power supply, and tried it and it still did the same thing. So I'm thinking it might be a bad mobo. Does anyone else agree that this should be the next step to take, is replacing the mobo? If so, what kind of mobo would work, that wouldn't be too pricey? It is an emachines T2825, AMD Athon XP 2800+, 333 MHz FSB, 512K L2 Cache. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.