Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is rather simple, but searching results in far too many unanswered topics. Therefore, I gave up on that, and is requesting your help.

Just to clarify, this has nothing to do with remembering the size of individual folders, or folder views. Apply to All Folders doesn't work for this problem.

Now, the issue is that I find Explorer windows far too small on my 1920x1200 screen and wish to resize every single folder on my system, including newly created ones, into 1200x800 instead of 800x600.

All solutions will be considered and all help (=/= every type of post) will be appreciated. I would prefer not to use programs that has to run in the background for this, but if that is the only real solution then please recommend something that uses the least resources as possible.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
It is in Folder Options, and Apply to All Folders does apply.

In Folder Options, View tab, put a check in

Launch folder windows in a separate process
Remember each folder's view settings
Restore previous folder windows at logon

Click OK. Open Windows Explorer. Use the mouse to size the folder the way you want it. Close the window. When you next open Explorer, it should be the same size as you left it.

If not, you have other problems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but that didn't change anything, only the folder I opened was affected in size (Windows does that by default).
I believe Apply to All Folders has nothing to do with the Explorer windows size, but it does apply to views, arrange icons by, etc.

Not only that, when I enabled Launch folder windows in a separate process and Restore previous folder windows at logon (which I've both personally disabled), every single windows restored to the original 800x600 *irritated frown*.

Oh yeah, btw I use QTTabBar, QTAddressBar, and DeskAngel does those affect this?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've decided to use AutoSizer, it was recommended here, but I wasn't so sure because that was a long time ago (2003).
Then I saw it recommended at one of my most trusted sites, and decided to use it after all.

There are other possible solutions, but my impatience grew tremendously after having all of my folder sizes restored to default.

So far, it doesn't use much resources at all, so I've decided to keep it (unless someone comes up with a better solution).

I will mark this thread solved after 24 hours of no replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.