Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
It would probably be on a sticker on the box it came in (if purchased separately). Otherwise, you'll need to open your case and look at the top of the drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need the # because every one i talk to ask for it so it can be fixed..

I cant figure out whats wrong it wont work my system says its fine but it wont play any CD. I have uninstalled that didnt work I checked all connections they are fine there is power to every thing
there is no sticker on tower any where when i talk to a tech he told me just to replace it

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Hi dragonpea, I'm not understanding why anyone would need a serial number either.....

Who are you talking to?

What happens when you put a cd in the drive? Do you get an error message? Does it attempt to read the cd? Can you boot with a windows 98 bootable floppy disk, choose cdrom support, and get a directory on the cd in the drive?

·
Account Disabled
1,222 Posts
If you call tech support and have a hardware problem, they're going to ask for the serial number. That's a standard question. To find it, you'll probably have to take the drive out and locate it. It's probably not visible while mounted in the case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.