Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
I'm using XP and have a cd/dvd drive, a cd-rw drive, and a floppy drive. Everything seems to be working fine, but the last few days I have not been able to eject the cd drive. I've can use my cd-rw drive instead, but i'm not sure why this isn't working. Can anyone help me on this? I already tried going through explorer and using the eject command from there. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Lets try to eliminate a hardware problem first. When booting and before windows starts, hit the eject button and see if it opens. You may have to try a couple times to see if it does. If it does then it is likely a software problem.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Is there a disc in the drive?

·
Registered
81 Posts
does it flash when booting if it does then it seems to it is jammed some drives have a release hole located onthe front that will unlock the cd then you can open it manually if it does not flash when booting check your 12 volt supply connector maybe you have a bad connection

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
There should be a tiny hole just below the tray itself. Straighten a paperclip and push it in the hole slowly. This should manually eject the tray.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay... I used the release hole and pried it open. After I got it to open, it seems to be working just fine now. Thanks for all your help guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.