Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my hard drive was acting really weird/pulsating noise/running slow..so I decided to do a scandisk (i have windows xp professional. Ckdsk found lots of errors/problems and attempted to fix them. This worked great, except now when I try to open a bunch of programs, such as aim or itunes i get the following error message:
"This application has failed to start because IMM32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. I tried running "sfc /scannow" but i guess it found no errors as it finished running. What should I do!? I need my programs :-(
~Dan

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Likely the files were corrupt and were lost. If they are not classed as "system critical" files, SFC will be unaware of them.

Reinstalling the applications - did that work?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope.....even the uninstaller ran into problems.....i think its a corrupt/missing windows file..i have my xp disk..can i somehow replace it?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all suggestions welcome :-/

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that the only way?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,
I attempted the repair and got the following error message right before windows was done repairing

"The procedure getiums could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" I click ok but it wont let me get any further in the repair. As a result, now I cant even get back to windows. Any suggestions? I'm fairly desparate. I ordered a new hard drive, but any temporary solutions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scratch that..got it to work

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow, been a while since ive been on, didnt know that...awesome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status