Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to backup my system into the HP_RECOVERY ( D: ) on my vista but it stopped just over half way and is full and I came to the conlusion ill just use a removable storage like a USB drive or something.

So now im wondering how to delete the stuff that's in the drive d because it keeps saying disk space low blah blah over and over and it's really making me angry so if anyone can help me out with that it would be cool.

This is what it says when i try to open the drive d and attempt to delete the copied content...

Attachments

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
Once you get a External USB drive, you should be able to copy the files and folders that YOU put on the D drive. Once you have done that, then you should be able to delete those files and folders. Do not try to delete the "Recover files" as you just may need to rebuild your system some time.

HP did NOT update their "Back up" programs that defaulted to the D drive which was a one time their "CD" burner. With the new machines with Vista , this has been a ongoing issue. By the way, HP is NOT alone with this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.