Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After refreshing my Windows 8 PC (I did not realise all the problems it would cause like loosing my email,some apps and some programs) , I tried a system restore but I can't get any restore points before the refreshing time to reset the PC as it used to be :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you've did what i think you did they're should be a file on the desktop telling you what the refresh uninstalled. Open that list then re-download the ones you want back. That would be the only way.

Also just so you have a clear explanation as to what refresh, reset, and restore does within' windows 8 heres the definitions:

System Restore in Windows 8 functions just like System Restore in previous versions of Windows. Windows regularly takes snapshots of important system and program files. If your computer starts crashing or blue-screening - which may happen if you install buggy drivers, system files become damaged, or malware tampers with Windows - you can use System Restore and quickly revert your system files to their earlier state.

System Refresh PC feature will give you a fresh Windows installation without deleting any of your personal files. It's like re-installing Windows, but you don't have to back up and restore your files manually. Desktop applications you've installed will be uninstalled, but Modern apps will be preserved. Any desktop apps that came with your PC will also be re-installed. A list of removed desktop apps will be saved to your desktop so you can re-install the ones you want back on your system.

System Reset PC feature will give you a fresh Windows installation and will also delete all of your personal files. It's exactly like re-installing Windows - all your personal files and applications will be deleted and you'll be left with an entirely fresh state. In other words, it's like a Refresh that also erases your personal files. You'll have to back up your files ahead of time or you'll lose them when you Reset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.