Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently reformatted a windows 98 Packard Bell and I cannot get any internet on it. The reason is because I cannot find any of my ethernet cards driver disks so the computer cannot understand what my new hardware is. So I looked online on my laptop for the drivers and I found one. The problem is that I cannot find a way to transfer this file onto my windows 98. I tried burning a cd, removable disks, external hard drives, and all of them cannot be installed without disks.

Can anyone help me? This is the first time I'm using this site. :cool:

·
Trusted Advisor
127,486 Posts
I don't suppose you've got a floppy disk drive, by any chance, have you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only one which is in the windows 98 computer.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,486 Posts
How much effort do you want to put into this? You could pull the FDD out of the 98 system, connect it to another desktop to create the disks, then put it back to read the disks. A bit of work, but if it is your only method.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,486 Posts
vicks, he's got the driver, just has no way to get it to the PC that needs it. Read his original post ...

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
vicks, he's got the driver, just has no way to get it to the PC that needs it. Read his original post ...
Quoting Abstract04
"The problem is that I cannot find a way to transfer this file onto my windows 98. I tried burning a cd, removable disks, external hard drives, and all of them cannot be installed without disks."

Gr3iz,
That is why I gave him the suggestions of the other ways to transfer to the needed computer, and I know he could probably get what is needed by going to the link I gave him.
Vicks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How can burning a CD not work? How did you install Windows 98 on the laptop without a working CD drive?
Well its not my laptop that has the problem its an older desktop with windows 98, I tried burning the file to a disk with the laptop which has vista premium (64 bit) so that it could be read on any other computer. When I put it in the windows 98 computer, the cd remains absolutely empty.

As for all the other comments Im going to try the link first and it that does not work Ill go ahead with the floppy drive. Ill use my other desktop with windows vista to put the file on the floppy then bring the floppy back to the windows 98 computer and get the file. Is that right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much effort do you want to put into this? You could pull the FDD out of the 98 system, connect it to another desktop to create the disks, then put it back to read the disks. A bit of work, but if it is your only method.
Thank you for your help, the floppy drive idea worked out perfectly. I geuss floppy drives are handy to have in your house after all :p.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,486 Posts
Glad to have helped!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.