Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a couple of problems, but I also have a possible solution and would like to have a bit of guidance as to whether or not I'm doing the right thing.
First of all, I will admit to making a couple of mistakes, first I have not backed up ANY data on my hard drive (actually I have 2 on my laptop) and secondly I lost my patience when laptop froze recently and just pulled the plug. Lessons learned!
OK, on booting up the laptop, I get the "We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start...blah blah" with the BSOD, which after disabling automatic restart, I could read. BTW none of the safe mode options work, the last known good config. Anyway the Technical Info is this:
STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x82AF8EF0,0XC0000102,0X00000000)
How can I find out what this means?????
So, I have ordered an XP Cd from Sony, but have a feeling all I'm going to get is a recovery disc, I do NOT want to lose any data from my hard drives, so my question is this, if I buy an external hard drive, can I boot windows to that (via USB) and use my laptop as a slave, transfer data from slave to master, do a clean install on laptop, and then transfer back data from the External drive? and if so, how on earth do I even begin to do that? lolol
Many thanks,
lagerboy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I was right they just sent me a recovery disk, so I bit the bullet and used it, I lost all the stuff on the drive, but learned a valuable lesson hahahaha thanks for the links though, still on a learning curve!!!
Cheers,
lagerboy.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.