Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Vista and using Firefox. I had to reinstall Firefox because of hanging issues with webpages. When I got back up and running in Firefox I noticed all my bookmarks had disappeared. Fortunately I was able to import them from Internet Explorer but noticed that when it was completed all the bookmarks were in a long list. Previously I had them grouped in folders. How can I save bookmarks in the future where they stay in their correct folders so when I import or export they are where they should be?

·
Super Moderator
80,081 Posts
you will have to reorganize them to your liking, and once you have that done, export them to a .json file. At the top, hit the bookmarks button, > organize bookmarks > import and backup and follow the prompts.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your reply. I did export them to a folder on the desktop with the tag .json When I tried to open the file it says I can't open it. I just wanted to make sure all the bookmarks were exported to the file.

·
Super Moderator
80,081 Posts
when you open it, you have to do so from FF. Go again to the import/backup area and import them from that function.

·
Super Moderator
80,081 Posts
firefox......;)

·
Super Moderator
80,081 Posts
No worries. :)

Glad it worked, and thanks for marking it solved. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.