Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have just put a new dvd rewriter in my machine its an esys with a c51pvgm-m motherboard. when I went to turn back on the computer im getting constant bleeping sounds with 5 second gaps the monitor is not coming on the dvd trays open and close but thats as far as it gets I have made one master and one slave as instructed:confused:.
ive spent hours trying to solve it I wandered if there was a reset switch on the motherboard ive taken the dvd out and the IEG cable it still bleeps disconnected the hard drive it still bleeps help.............or is it beyong repair?:confused::confused:

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'd guess that your RAM is no longer properly seated, or that you unhooked something else while installing the new hardware.
You obviously have access to another computer. You can decipher what the beeps are trying to tell you most quickly by Googling something like "error beep codes", particularly if you know which BIOS your motherboard has. Your PC or motherboard manual may even have a beep code table.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks to you for your support sorry it took a while getting back to you I was working over the weekend and had to abandon it. I did a check and sure enough my memory card had popped out put everything back together and voila really appreciate your help your very kind taking the time to help.
pianoman

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks again I cant express my thanks enough this site is great and its all due to very helpful skillful people who give their time to help others :up::up:
One really happy user:):):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.