Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded Bing. Now when I go to Internet Exployer it is slow opening up because it is being sent to Bing. Items load slower. It doesn't just open Bing and Bing is not listed like "Blank Page" or Google on any tool bar.

Help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't really know. Saw it in the paper and off I went. Sure has slowed things down. When I click on Internet Ex. it has to look for Bing then the search window will open. I just want to get rid of Bing. It is not listed in Programs to delete or in a list of toolbar icons.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yes it is except it is MS/Yahoo vs Google.

MS and Yahoo teamed up.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I think Bing is MS's newest search engine... (tring to compete with Google/Yahoo etc)
vicks
I took a wild guess that he did not download and install the
entire Bing search engine. :D :D :D

Pretty sure it must be the toolbar - hence the link to a
Google search for uninstalling them. ;)

·
Trusted Advisor (deceased)
5,176 Posts
Do you know where you downloaded it from? The site might still be in your History.
If we can determine what exactly you have, we might be able to better advise how to get rid of it.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Have you gone into the control panel/programs. If you do and click on the programs, you should get a list of programs installed on your computer. Scroll down and if you find "Bing" listed highlight it and select remove.
That should remove it.
Vicks

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I downloaded Bing. Now when I go to Internet Exployer it is slow opening up because it is being sent to Bing. Items load slower. It doesn't just open Bing and Bing is not listed like "Blank Page" or Google on any tool bar.

Help
Do you mean it is set as your homepage?

Tries to open browser at Bing search site?

·
Trusted Advisor (deceased)
5,176 Posts
Don't know. How do I get to History?
Your browser history. Either the History button on the toolbar or View>Explorer Bar>History or press Ctrl+H on your keyboard.
If we know where you got Bing from, maybe we can figure out where it is on your computer and how to get rid of it. So far, no one's really sure exactly what you have, search engine, toolbar or something else.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Open internet explorer (at least in IE 7) . In upper right hand corner there is a search box, Click on the down arrow, There you will see the choices for search engines.
I happen to use Google as my default search engine.
Another hint I have read about is to put the Bing in the restricetd sites in the security section in internet options.
I also found this at the PC world forum:
http://forums.pcworld.com/message/246858
Hope this helps.
Vicks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.