Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I'm hoping there is someone on the forum that might have had the same problem, and able to fix or any suggestions for me to fix this problem.

Recently I took in my computer and think I got rooked actually, as built a new one, but nothing like what I had. Okay, they sent home with no audio which is on board
ASUS P5LD2 - Premium. They wanted me to bring it back in, but really don't want to and trying to fix this myself. I just haven't had time, or would have fixed my problems before I took it to them. What a mistake, as never took any of my computers to nobody to fix before. Back to the problem though, I can not get audio to work. I've downloaded the driver, so did get the icon up on task bar, but has the x and giving message that "Audio Output device is not installed". Anyone know how I can get this problem solved. I sure would appreciate any help you can give me. I am running Vista Business. I really would love my audio for certain things, although I don't use often, I do need it. Thanks again for any help you can give.:confused:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pedroguy,

Thanks for trying to be of some help. Yes, it does have an exclamation next to the audio in Device Manager. Now, I never really checked out thoughly what it had in the General tab, or should I say, didn't really catch it? Anyway, it has as Location 0 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)[/B]
Under Device Status it has "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Hopefully, maybe with this info, if not yourself someone can put their thoughts of what I could do. I know I've read a lot in different forums about people not being able to get their audio to work in Vista, but eventually with downloading one thing or another for their particular machines, was able to get it up and running. Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not. Sure hope I can run into someone on the forum that might have the solution or had the same problem and was able to fix, and can help me as well. P..L...E...A...S....E.....be out there someone to HELP. :confused:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rich for the info. I went into the bios, and it is enabled. I think what I'm going to end up doing is ordering a PCI Audio card, and disable the one on board. Think it will be so much easier and quicker this way, don't you? Do have one question though, does it make a difference if I disable the on board audio before or after installing the PCI one? Hope I can find one that is good yet reasonable. Going to start looking around on the internet now. Thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated. Wish I could have gotten this thing up, but I think there is just a problem with the darn thing.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Try running www.belarc.com. This free program will tell you everything on your computer, model numbers, license/key numbers etc.
(I keep a hard copy of this for each of our computers).
With the information about the audio, you can go to www.driverguide.com. (site is free but you must register to use it.) You should be able to d/l the correct driver there.
Good Luck
Vicks

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
Thanks Rich for the info. I went into the bios, and it is enabled. I think what I'm going to end up doing is ordering a PCI Audio card, and disable the one on board. Think it will be so much easier and quicker this way, don't you? Do have one question though, does it make a difference if I disable the on board audio before or after installing the PCI one? Hope I can find one that is good yet reasonable. Going to start looking around on the internet now. Thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated. Wish I could have gotten this thing up, but I think there is just a problem with the darn thing.
You should not have to disable the onboard to get the pci card to work but if it does not then you know how to do it.Usually it just involves installing the driver and then going into Control Panel, Sounds and making sure the pci card is called for in every category. A suggestion. Buy a Creative sound card. They are recognized easily because they represent such a large share of the business.
This card is fine and inexpensive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102012

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Rich for all your help with sound card. I went ahead and took your advise with Creative. Seems the others are all so much and from researching they have problems, or at least some of them do. I'm going to keep this post opened for a while. Hope it's okay. Just want to come back and let you know if it went well once I receive my card tomorrow, and if not, maybe ask for some more help if you are up to doing so. Thanks again for everything, it's appreciated. Have a great day and be back on the forum soon. Will let you know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just wanted to let you know all went well and sound is working now that I have installed a card. Have another problem now, so posting a new thread. My darn DVD Writable quit showing up and can't use. Opens up to put dvd, just won't run, it's in bios as being first device to start, has some type of message under general tab though in device manager, so placed it into my post as well. Thanks for all your help here, just hope I can get some help with the other now, as I tried everything I know of so far to make it show. Wish me luck that someone can help, and happy I have sound now.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great news again, I found the fix after almost ten hours of working on it. Thanks again! Now, my computer is up and running the way it should. Have my rom back, and audio. Again, I appreciate the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.