Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm developing an ASP.Net website. Say I've have two pages, Login.aspx and Home.aspx. Login.aspx contains a <asp:login .. > control and Home.aspx uses a "master page" that contains a <asp:LoginStatus ...> control. When successfully logged in, the user is redirected to Home.aspx.

When i run ( debug) this website in IE, it runs fine but when i view it using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12, sometimes when I log in, I move to Home.aspx but the login status control still display "Login" instead of "logout".
So please tell me what's the problem and its solution as well?
thanQ

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi...
As you directed, i inspected about the cookies, but there are no cookies with my site's name.

and i guess i'm always viewing a cached version until i force refresh Ctrl+F5 the FfireFox.

I ran (debugged in VS 2008) this this website on my friends PC and he noticed a problem in IE7. The session get lost... :(

Please Help...

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Sorry, for some reason the link did not post.
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=351414&seqNum=2

I meant the part with
"When the username and password are entered, this control will automatically attempt to log in the user by calling Membership .ValidateUser(). If successful, the control will then call the necessary FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage API to issue a cookie and redirect the user to the page he or she was attempting to access. In other words, all the code you would have needed to write in ASP.NET 1.1 is now neatly encapsulated in a single server control!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.