Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm at work and appear to have wrecked my colleague's computer. : (

I printed something using her computer (mine is not hooked up to a printer) and then went to reboot the computer as there was a request from Microsoft to reboot, allowing updates to be installed. (I had postponed the updates until after I had finished printing.)

The screen went black and I got the message, "ANALOG POWER SAVING MODE".

I have tried turning the computer on and off; unplugging the computer (after turning it off); checked the cables to the monitor/power/computer; holding down the 'autoset' button on the monitor; holding down assorted keys on the keyboard and tapping F8 as soon as I turn the computer on, all to no avail.

The monitor is an LG Flatron W1942TQ. It's not my computer so I don't know which version of Windows it is running, though I'm pretty sure it's Vista. I have spent the last hour looking up "Analog Power Saving Mode" threads on Google. Most recommend checking my settings or BIOS...but I can't get the screen going. It would be great if I could get this solved before my shift ends at 11 pm (Mountain time)!!

Thanks much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just spoke with a very friendly Microsoft tech who suggested I unplug the monitor/tower cord, switch the ends and plug it back in.

This, sadly, had no effect.

He then suggested taking out and putting back in the video card. As this is a work computer and I am so NOT a techie I am now (two and a half hours after the beginning of this adventure) retiring. My colleagues will have to continue with this tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The computer guy came in today. He said the monitor is fine but there is something wrong with the computer itself. He's taken it away to tinker with. I have thus marked this 'solved', just not by me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.