Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,everyone,
Yesterday i installed a radeon 7000 agp card and i cannot get it set up right,i needed a better video card because the old pci one had no 3D.I know it's an older card but it's all i can afford at the moment so i would like to get it going. When i booted up after fitting it there were lots of vertical lines and the colors were awful,i tried all sorts of settings in display and tried changing modes to no avail so i took it back out and refitted my old pci card.
I then went into bios to check, under agp mode i have the following-

agp mode-auto
agp comp.driving- auto
agp fast write-disabled
agp aperture size 128mb
agp master I w/s write- disabled
agp master I w/s read-disabled
agp read synchronization-disabled

could you please tell me if the above 4 items 'disabled' should be enabled,and also would that aperture size be o.k as i believe it is a 64mb card.I(obviously)
know very little about setting up cards like this and i am always wary of changing things in bios so if someone could help i would really appreciate it.

thanks a million,
gmanwill ;) :up: :up:

· Premium Member
52,999 Posts
First Name -
Rob
If you are getting lines then either the card is not seated correctly in the slot or its faulty. Be aware the Radeon 7000 does not have Hardware Texture and Lightening if thats what you were looking for.

To fix the colors you need to install the ATI video drivers. The latest can be downloaded from ATI.com

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should i enable those features in bios anyway. All i would like to do is run links 2003 and games like that.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
The best way to do it is hit load optimized settings. That way the bio sdetects what it can run at anmd leave it at that unless you have any errors.

· Premium Member
52,999 Posts
First Name -
Rob
You can try them at Enabled they won't damage the card of computer but I know that in some cases those options will cause stability/start-up problems when enabled. For example Fast-Write commonly causes some Radeon cards to crash.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi guys, sorry for taking so long to respond to your replies had a couple of minor problems. triple6 in enabled those items in bios,and tried twice reseating the card,no difference,so i will return the card tomorrow and see what happens from there.
i will mark this thread closed and if i have any more problems i will start a new thread.
thank you so much for your time,i appreciate it. gmanwill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.