Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help geting a resolution of a problem dealing with Adobe Reader and Acrobat... This does not affect my Adobe Elements application. I can not open any .PDF files with either program as noted above.

Anyone with a recommendation would be appreciated.

The attached error message(s) appear upon trying to open a .pdf file.

Thanks in advance, ewirman

Op Sys: Windows XP Professional SP2
RAM: 128 mb
HD Total Space: 40 gigs
Processor: 1.5 ghz

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have .NET Framework installed and SP1. This problem seems to be a XP SP2 related issue, I think. If I do a rollback to December 04 all of my Adobe apps (Reader 6, Reader 7 and Acrobat 6) work fine. I just cannot afford to go back that far 'cause I loose other stuff. It must be a .dll or .cfg file; something like that. Comments?

ewirman

·
Registered
490 Posts
ewirman, could I ask how you go about creating the .gif file of your error message so as to attach it to the list?
Greg & Grimm

·
Banned
8,372 Posts
Howdy mgbgtgrimm

one way would be to use the print screen key when the error message show then paste into an image editor and save as a gif

buck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Triple6:
What does the .dll file above have to do with my problem?

ewirman

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
T6 --- sorry if I seemed "curt". The .dll file was replaced as you suggested to no avail. Thanks anyway for the try.

ewirman

"I have known a great many troubles but most of them never happened." Twain

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Several times. Any new ideas are appreciated.
Thanks,
ewirman

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
While trying to use an Adobe file, "Windows Installer" came up and started to re-install the Easy Media Creator 7. In the (involuntary) process it replaced some files (perhaps the .dll mentioned above). The result was a clean load for Acrobat Reader 7.0 and ALL is well.

Thanks for your support.

ewirman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.