Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARGH!
My wife and I both own ACER Aspire 5741G laptops. Recently my wifes laptop has failed startup going straight to the 'start in repair mode' / 'Start Windows normally' option saying 'Windows failed to start'. (The most that happens is the fan starts up and the 4 coloured dots form into the windows logo then it freezes). I have followed the 'prompts' and found that neither the Auto fix OR Restore point fix will work.
After some time I receive a message stating that Windows cannot repair this computer automatically! A second window then opens up labeled 'Startup repair' and offers to sent the information to Microsoft!?! the error report reads as follows:

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 41
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 2
Problem Signature 07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Once this is sent, I am left hanging, as nothing happens until I click the only to available option of Restart or Shutdown. I have entered the F2 option at startup and found that it says the HDD Password is frozen! I am not sure if this is a seperate issue or is a development of the initial issue?! The comp will start in 'fix' mode but is getting slower with every attempt! PLEASE HELP!... and be gentle as I am a novice when it comes to manipulating BIOS etc!!! - SPIDA :confused: from Perth, Western Australia .... PS: have only owned our laptops for about 6-7 months.... Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmmmm...! I was on the edge of restoring factory settings in safe mode and about to lose a stack of cash in iTunes and the like, when my gut suggested I try the restart one last time and enter through F10 during start up... I did so, clicked enter to 'submit' (whetever that meant?!) and abracadabra snotty-covered-tissues, it restarted by itself as if nothing was ever wrong!! ...almost as if it was playing an April fools joke to make me think I was insane!.... It's still December right?... not April?......
;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.