Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just created an access database app. for a client, and used a calendar at the top of two forms. When I took it to them, and downloaded to their computer, the calendars do not display properly (ie: AT ALL!!) What could be causing this? Is there something messed up with their program, or a setting that isn't right, or what?? I know it's not the app., cuz I've used it on 5 different computers, and it works just fine, except on THEIRS....which is what counts!! I used Access 2000 to create it, and that's what's on their machine, so it SHOULD have worked like a charm....or so I thought!!

Any suggestions?

TIA

TT :)

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
Hi hottesttotty.

Perhaps your client did not do a complete install of Access? What they must have for the ActiveX calendar control is a file called mscal.ocx, and I'm sure they must have the correct version of it. YOU obviously have it. Check that client's hard drive for it. I found my mscal.ocx (Access 2000 default install location) under C:\program files\microsoft office\office. So that's where you should find yours. You'll probably want to *reinstall* Office on the client's PC, however, and make sure you choose all the ActiveX controls, etc. (I choose everything usually, just to be sure, 'cept maybe the office assistant.) The default install of Office 2000 *may* not include all the extra stuff and I don't think it does.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yes, Dreamy's on the right track, tho I think the default installation of Access usually does include the basic ActiveX controls.

Just one thing to add: it may be that the file is on the machine, but not registered in MS Access. If you find the file in question on the client machine, open the mdb file and get to the database window. Choose Tools > Active X Controls..., you'll get a little window with a list of all registered controls. I use Access 2k, and in my list appears Calendar Control 9.0. You should see something like that in the list. If you don't, click the Register button, navigate to the location where that file's stored, and it will be added to your list.

(Happy new year, dreamy--glad to see you're still on Top o' Things :p )

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the input....I reinstalled Access, and the file works just like it was supposed to now! Their computers are kind of a mess....they're lacking maintenance big time!! But, at least this is a start!

You guys really are great here!! Thanks again!

TT:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.