Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need to create a form that shows the same table in two ways
simultaneously:
1. Tabular layout on top of the form
2. Columnar layout on the bottom of the form

I tried to add one of the layouts as the subform, but when I open the form, the Tabular layout shows only one record.

Is there way to display two layouts in one form?

Thanks,
Barbos

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi OBP

I tried this, but it still displays only one record in the table.
(When I open subform separately - it display multiple records)

Thanks,
Barbos

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
That is because the Master/Child Links are the Mainform RecordID field, which will only allow 1 match in the same Table.
If you want to show 1 record in the Main form and all other records in the Subform remove the Master Child links.
I am not sure why you would want to though, why not just use the Subbform on it's own?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi OBP

I am not sure now that my approach is the correct one :( (I have never worked on this idea before). What I want to do is the following:

I want to create an app that works in two modes.
1. The form will display tabular layout showing only main fields.
2. The form will display on the top the same tabular layout (with the smaller heights) but on the lower half of the form the columnar layout will display all the fields of one record. The user will be able to choose the record to be displayed from the tabular layout.
Pressing “View Button” will switch between two modes.

Thanks,
Barbos

Attachments

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
The easiest way to do what you want is the what you had, One record on the Main form and One record on the subform.
Or you could have a Tabbed Mainform, one showing it in Tabular Layout showing the main fields and another Tab showing all of the fields.
I would need to see the Fields involved to advise anything else.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi OBP

Thank you very much for your input.
I think what I will end up doing is, to have 2 subforms; one with tabular and one with columnar layout. In this case I can change the size of tabular sabform depending on existance of the columnar subform.

Thanks again
Barbos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.