Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: This is probably a rather dumb question, but I could really use some feed back. I know how important it is to choose a domain name carefully, catchy, spelling, short etc. I also make it a point to suggest to my clients to purchase both the .ca & .com . They being a Canadian company, they can park & forward the com. Eliminating the risk of someone taking it. Now here is my question. If a client has an established company name that is spelled incorrectly ie: dezine & they want it to be that way in their domain would it be a wise move to purchase the proper spelled domain name & park it? :eek:

·
Registered
392 Posts
In my opinion (and from experience), it's not important to buy the extra .com domain or a properly spelled one. As long as it's one of the first domains that pop up in google when typing the relevant keyword (by properly SEO), or the people looking for you know exactly what the company name is, then you should be find with the one domain.

I worked with a web development company and they bought out all domains (.com, .net, .ca, .org), and I can tell you from google analytics, almost 99% of people only visit the .com name.

I built a cosmetics website and the company name like the one your working on was intentionally mispelled. They get a bunch of traffic off Google, and their direct traffic is insanely high, and they only own that one domain.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. My reason for suggesting both com & ca is because the client wants a ca (being a Canadian business) But most people will type in com. So to protect their business from the possiblity of someone using the same name with .com I suggest that they purchase both. Less chance of losing clients & it can happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.