Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I try and use the regular internet it says internet explorer has stopped working adn will not let me use it at all. Any idea what is wrong and what i cant do to fix it? I cam use the 64 bit internet whatever that means but i need flash player for school which i can not get with the 64 bit. all in all i just would like someone to help me get the regular inter explorer working.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
2,059 Posts
"I can use the 64 bit internet whatever that means " To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as 64Bit internet.
Perhaps you mean a 64Bit browser?
There is no need to use a 64Bit browser in your OS, even if the OS is 64Bit. The gains at the moment are still, in any case, quite small. If using Windows 7 64Bit, the default browser is IE 32Bit.
Fwiw, there is a 64Bit Flash available.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Click Start, type cmd, when cmd.exe appears in the list, right click it and click Run as administrator
Type SFC /ScanNow and press Enter.

That will replace any corrupt files.

This could also be a corrupted Add On, try starting IE in Safe Mode
Ciick Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
Click on Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)
See if that works.
If it does, click Tools | Manage Add-ons (Press ALT to display the menu bar if needed)
Change the Show drop down to All add-ons
Select each add on, and click Disable.
Close IE and start it normally.
If that works, you can enable add-ons one or two at a time to find the one causing the problem. You may be able to uninstall it from here, or may have to use Control Panel | Programs and Features.

Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I love You! Thats amazing I disabled all the add ons and it works.. Thank You so much!! I actually had called my computer company previous to finding this web site and they wanted me to pay 150 for some to talk me threw it. I thank you again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.