Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased a 5.1 surround sound speaker set for my PC. I have a sound card which is 5.1, it may be cheap but it should work...it worked on my last speakers, which were only cheap desktop stereo speakers. The problem is, although all the speakers are connected correctly to the subwoofer, when I connect them to the speaker, the only ones which produce sound are the two which are connected to 'front'. The connectors on the card are 'Front', 'Rear', 'Line-in' and 'Mic-in'. Do you know why it is only coming out of the speakers connected to 'front' and not all of them? And it doesn't matter which pair of speakers it is, I can connect the subwoofer and center speaker to it and they will still produce sound. Please help! I'm desperate to get this surround sound working ^^

Thanks, Lex.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Try this;

Start/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/In Volume tab look for "speaker settings" (towards bottom) and click on "Advanced".

"Advanced Audio Properties"; In the "Speakers" tab there is a box for "Speaker setup". Click on the down pointer and look at the drop down menu - highlight "5.1 Surround Sound Speakers" - make sure to "Apply" then OK.

Hope that works...

:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Sorry ,I forgot to mark this thread solved...Someone found a driver for me and I installed it, and suddenly all the speakers worked. I did try that control panel thing though, but to no avail :(
But not they work so it's cool!:D

Thanks anyway for your reply,

Lex.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now* they work. Typo. ^^:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.