Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Hitachi HDS721010KLA330 1 terabyte hard drive. my problem is it is only showing 931 GB, even after compressing. is there any way i can increase the space to full capacity? i use a lot of programs so the extra space will come in handy. i used Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 to increase the space after i formatted and reinstalled Windows, at that time it was only showing 128 GB until i used it to increase it to the current size. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
52,785 Posts
That's right. That is the true amount of space on a one terabyte drive. The manufacturer's use 1000 kb as one MB, rather than 1024 kb.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have a Hitachi HDS721010KLA330 1 terabyte hard drive. my problem is it is only showing 931 GB, even after compressing. is there any way i can increase the space to full capacity? i use a lot of programs so the extra space will come in handy. i used Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 to increase the space after i formatted and reinstalled Windows, at that time it was only showing 128 GB until i used it to increase it to the current size. any help is appreciated.
No.There's no way to get 1 TB of disk space from a 1 TB HD.Blame it on the HD companies from misleading us :D

A piece of useless information:right click on your Hitachi drive in my computer and select properties.Under capacity,you'll see that in the middle,it will show the drive's disk space in bytes,but to the right of it,it will how you the true amount of space you can use :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.