Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am using MAGIC pictires to CD/DVD....you can only put 99 pics on a dvd or cd......can anyone suggest a program that I would be able to put more pics on a disc and with more options to make them fancier.....I've looked into Roxio creator 7 , but a lot of people online are saying the program has many flaws. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
WHy would 99 pictures be a limitation of a DVD, it is the capacity that is the limiting factor.
Different flavors and capacity:

DVD-5 (SS/SL): 4.38 gig (4.7G) of data, over 2 hours of video
DVD-9 (SS/DL): 7.95 gig (8.5G), about 4 hours of video
DVD-10 (DS/SL): 8.75 gig (9.4G), about 4.5 hours of video
DVD-14 (DS/ML): 12.33 gig (13.24G), about 6.5 hours of video
DVD-18 (DS/DL): 15.90 gig (17G), over 8 hours of video
DVD-RAM (SS/SL): 2.40 gig (2.58G)
DVD-RAM (DS/SL): 4.80 gig (5.16G)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried using the trial version of proshow gold and get errors all the time...it will not write the data on the DVD....My magix program has no problem ....it will only allow you to put 99 pics to a slideshow.....I've upgraded the proshow gold and now it says that there is a problem with the software.

Thanks,
MIke

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have roxio dvd builder and you can put more than 99 as long as you add a transition or audio file to the slideshow. It works ok but isn't the best for organization of pics. I'm still looking for a better software to use though.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
How do you use Nero for this, I was unable to find an option to make a slideshow?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I don't use Nero but Tech TV did a show on this using Nero burning rom but they said the interface was not user friendly. The article doesn't say anything about adding music so I don't know if you can add music and sync it with the slide show.

Tech TV

Also found some more instructions at this link. Not sure if any of this will do what you want but check it out.

VCD

Today I found a site where you can type in the model of you DVD player and see what it can handle.

DVD compatibility list

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Will that do DVD kath100? Only see option for VCD/SVCD, but we are getting closer. So far the best one I've found as far as tools and ease was Sonic MyDVD, but again, it limits itself to 99 pictures in each folder, not sure why.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Hmm, maybe I need a newer version of Nero? What Version is that?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.