Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Hope I'm posting this in the right forum! In case it isn't, please do excuse my ignorance - this is, after all, my very first post on here.

I'm looking for a very specific kind of online video conferencing software which I couldn't find so far - no matter how hard I looked.

What I need is for 2 users to be able to exchange video and audio information in real time, while MANY passive listeners watch/hear what is being said, without having permission to actually interfere in the conversation.

While there are hundreds of thousands of video-conference programs around, I couldn't find any single one able to accommodate LARGE numbers of "listeners" (up to, I don't know, 100-200 or so). Most of the ones I managed to find accept up to 7 or 15 participants - which actually makes sense, since they do not distinguish between users with a right to talk and those without it.

So to put it this way: what I am trying to achieve needed is more resembling of a TV-station than a traditional video conference.

There are two more things I'd also like, if they were possible:
- the ability to generate or just to set a unique password to each of those non-participating listeners (kind of important, but in fact, also secondary to the rest, TBH).
- not requiring those listeners to install any additional HDD-based program to view our "conferences", but instead having them be accessible from most regular browsers (quite unimportant, really).

It being free is NOT a requirement - I wouldn't mind paying good money for something like this, especially if the software happens to be reliable and of high-quality.

Does anyone know of any such software I might use? Pleaaaase! :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.